Senior Communications Specialist, Disaster Management
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Working at ICF Next means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world and to challenge yourself professionally, look no further than our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who challenge the status quo every day.
ICF’s Disaster Management Division supports clients in implementing policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and support long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. We’re currently hiring for a Senior Communications Specialist who will support communications efforts focused on disaster recovery and mitigation, as well as other areas of expertise across the company. We are looking for a professional to manage new and existing work for disaster management clients through the development and execution of communications plans and oversight of local and remote communications teams who work on these projects.
As a Senior Communications Specialist, you will:
- Utilize critical and strategic thinking to take projects from idea to reality.
- Develop effective communications strategies that resonate with target populations (e.g. Limited English Proficiency, low income, limited education, special needs and elderly) to result in education or move a specific action.
- Oversee a staff of communications specialists and community engagement partners to implement communications and outreach initiatives.
- Conceptualize and align with the client to interact with editors, designers, production managers through completion of projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams and resources to develop compelling communications materials that utilize traditional marketing and social media tactics.
- Engage with operations and policy teams to develop materials that explain complex program requirements and processes in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Analyze and prepare program data to illustrate measurable results of communications and outreach efforts.
- Work with client to proactively plan for and respond to various levels of public reporting requests.
As a Senior Communications Specialist, you will have:
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related field
- 7-9 years of previous relevant experience
- Previous disaster recovery or other high visibility public program communications experience
- Extensive public communications and community engagement experience
- Previous leadership experience to include managing staff
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to quickly respond to media and public communications challenges
- Ability to analyze and research issues and offer swift solution/resolution
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and activities
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrated client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and cooperative attitude
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Results-driven, creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of plain language principles
- Must have ability to travel as needed (estimated 25-30%)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)