Customer Service Representatives (English and Bilingual)
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) answers inquiries in English and Spanish directly to customers via multiple communication channel. The Customer Service Representative reports directly to the Supervisory CSR (SCSR). This position has Work from Home availability and you will be required to meet requirements for secure telework. This is an entry level position. Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Taking inbound customer service inquiries and identifying information needs of customers
- Ability to communicate effectively in plain and conversational (not scripted) language while maintaining a professional tone
- Familiar with automated tools, searching and retrieving information, and knowledge of contact management systems.
- Provide accurate responses and documentation of inquiries from consumers using provided CRM solution and other CC technology to help answer questions on all channels; recognizing when a higher level of assistance is required
- Adhere to the confidentiality of information potentially received
- Report problems that occur and assist with resolution
- Adhere to and support service level metrics that includes schedule adherence, average handle time, response accuracy and quality metrics
- Collect data on each interaction using the provided CRM solution and other CC technology
- Attends telephone skills and program information training sessions; adheres to established levels of service.
- Adheres to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames.
- Control the pace and flow of the inquiry or request and manage call time effectively
- Maintain a current understanding of the Program's standard operating procedures, processes and Program policies as provided during training.
- Performs clerical or administrative duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- If bilingual, possess the ability to speak and write the equivalent to that of an educated native speaker or writer is required
- General knowledge of government programs
- Customer service experience and ability to handle inquiries and requests in a courteous and professional manner, including calls received in crisis situations, and/or from abusive callers.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 WPM
- Ability to listen to and empathize with customers and acknowledge concerns
- Must have demonstrated excellent listening, interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Proven ability to work as a team member is required
- Strong MS Office skills as well as computer and keyboarding skills to record information in accurate and efficient manner
- Ability to receive coaching and performance feedback from supervisor(s).
- Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for sensitive information
- Must be able to successfully complete initial and ongoing training and keep current and proficient on knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 1-year customer service/secretarial/telemarketing experience required
- Criminal background check is required
- Public Trust Background Security Clearance is required including fingerprints
- U.S. Citizenship required per the government contract
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)