Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Survey Manager (Demographic and Health Surveys)- Rockville, MD
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
ICF’s International and Health Division is seeking a Survey Manager responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) in one or more countries. This involves working with host- country implementing organizations and other survey stakeholders such as USAID, UN agencies, and host-government ministries to implement The DHS Program surveys and activities to meet data needs within budget and time constraints. Our division supports International Health and Development (IHD) projects, including population-based surveys, and monitoring and evaluation. The Survey Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) in one or more countries.
- Working with host country implementing organizations and other survey stakeholders to implement The DHS Program surveys and activities to meet data needs within budget and time constraints;
- Negotiating and/or managing local cost budgets with host country implementing organizations;
- Preparing IRB protocols;
- Preparing or adapting training materials and working with implementing agencies to train local field staff in questionnaire content and interviewing techniques;
- Writing and reviewing survey reports, including descriptions of survey activities and interpretation of survey results;
- Communicating throughout all stages of the survey process with other staff, implementing agencies, USAID Missions, and other key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner;
- Providing direct technical assistance to countries in various stages of the survey process, e.g., questionnaire adaptation, field staff training, fieldwork monitoring, report writing, and dissemination of the survey findings; and
- Assuring that DHS protocols are followed to ensure data quality and timeliness.
Many DHS surveys involve collection of biomarkers, such as anemia, malaria and HIV testing, as well as measuring height and weight. Survey managers provide guidance on these issues, in consultation with the biomarker team at DHS.
The position requires approximately 25-30% travel mainly to countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, with trips of approximately 3-4 weeks at a time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- MPH or Master’s degree in demography, public health, nutrition, epidemiology, or a similar topic area
- 3+ years of experience of survey work, preferably on international programs
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential and fluency in one or more of the following languages required: Portuguese, Spanish, French.
- Project management experience on international programs preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience with survey work computer assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate survey budgets and content with technical and non-technical stakeholders is essential
- Ability to foster productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders in a complex political environment
- Strong organizational and program management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)