Senior Leader – Integrated Utilities Resources
Senior Leader – Integrated Utilities Resources
ICF's Energy and Advisory Services Line of Business is growing and seeks a Senior Leader- Integrated Utilities Resources to support our expanding natural gas and power team.
The Team’s primary services include:
- Utility strategic planning and regulatory support
- Decarbonization policy and strategy assessment
- Natural gas midstream infrastructure analysis
- Asset evaluation and transactions support
- Natural gas and natural gas liquids market analysis
The group supports work primarily in North America, but also in international markets. The Senior Leader will be responsible for developing and implementing business development and marketing plans aimed at utility planning and resource management, and will contribute to and help manage the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The Senior Leader candidate could be located in Fairfax. VA
Key Managerial Responsibilities:
- Drive new business development with utilities and major natural gas and power businesses, primarily in North America.
- Manage a team of staff supporting complex projects and ensure high quality work products and the effective use of resources across projects.
- Supervise junior staff to design and deliver work to meet the strategic growth objectives of ICF’s Advisory Services team.
- Build awareness of ICF’s capabilities via targeted thought leadership marketing and outreach strategies to future clients.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Direct the use of engineering and economic principles to assess the economic value of industry assets and policies.
- Direct junior staff to develop reports and presentations decarbonization policy, market outlook, and regulatory issues.
- Direct research
- Direct and review for quality the development and update of ICF models and technical analysis tools.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control reviews in accordance with ICF QA/QC procedures and standards.
- 15+ years of experience including 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience with utility or midstream company strategic planning, resource acquisition management and implementation, or regulatory analysis, .
- Demonstrated current network of industry contacts within the Oil and Gas and Utilities Industries.
- Demonstrated success managing teams of staff working on complex projects.
- Strong quantitative and/or modeling skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related subject (Master's degree preferred).
- Natural gas and power utility resource planning and acquisition management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as an internal or external consultant to the business.
- Advanced analytical skills (financial and resource acquisition forecasting, EXCEL and data management organizational skills.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work under strict deadlines and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)