Environmental Scientist/Engineer (Remediation / Superfund / Technology Innovation)
Location: Fairfax, VA or Cambridge, MA
ICF seeks an Environmental Scientist/Engineer to support EPA contracts with the Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI), Office of Brownfields and Land Revitalization (OBLR), and Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery (ORCR). The Environmental Scientist/Engineer will apply their knowledge and work experience to support a wide range of technical projects and will work within a project team environment that includes interacting with external experts and clients.
What you’ll do:
- Perform research, data collection, and quantitative data analysis in support of a broad range of technical projects for EPA.
- Identify and evaluate technologies and approaches for improving contaminated site cleanup; analyze trends in technology use; and support the preparation of a wide range of client work products.
- Provide site-specific technical support for improving site characterization and remediation technologies and strategies, including site visits and client meetings.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, including geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering.
- A plus if you have Master’s degree in science or engineering, including geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering.
- 4-6 years of experience in the area of contaminated site cleanup under federal, state, or other cleanup programs.
- Knowledge of EPA cleanup programs (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields), with knowledge of OSRTI's technical support and optimization programs a plus.
Professional skills and experience were looking for:
- Strong analytical skills, including experience conducting quantitative analyses using Microsoft Access and Excel; experience with GIS software is desirable.
- Strong technical skills including experience conducting site characterization and remediation of contaminated sites. Field experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and manage a heavy workload and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is desirable.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)