About the team:
The Business Development team at ICF takes a lead on the capture of opportunities, the development and implementation of business development best practise and the support of technical teams in the development and submission of technical and financial bids to our clients. The team sits across all parts of ICF in Europe and Asia and works to ensure our business development efforts are working to the same process, level of quality and messaging on every bid. You will be joining a growing team that is leading efforts to reach out to and lead bids for new technical areas and new clients whilst consolidating and strengthening in our core areas of expertise.
About the role:
As a Bid Manager at ICF you will coordinate and lead bid project teams (made up of bid coordinators and technical consultants) according to ICF’s business development procedures. You will also provide professional support to the consulting teams, helping them to use the right tools at the right time to maximise the success of their bids. This role will work mainly with the ICF Next division so if you have experience and interest in strategic communications and the media this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Our main client for that division is the European Commission. You will occasionally have the opportunity to support bids from other areas of the business as needed. You will be based in Brussels, but may have to travel from time to time between our offices.
Required skills and experience:
- You will need to have around 5-8 years’ work experience, preferably in a consulting environment and focused on business development activities – writing proposal sections, enforcing process, etc.
- You should have at least a few years’ experience leading bid processes and managing bid teams
- You should have a basic understanding of how bids are evaluated in a public-sector environment
- You will need experience managing team sites, SharePoint pages, internal databases and pipelines
- Work experience and/or an interest in the strategic communications or media sector would be an advantage
- You need to be fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in French would be a bonus
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)