Cleared Systems Engineer, Acquisitions Support
ICF has an immediate opportunity for a Cleared Systems Engineer to support acquisition and integration with a DoD program. A SECRET clearance is required. This position is located at the Washington Navy Yard in the District of Columbia. The Navy client supports a liberal teleworking policy for its contractors and that the client is working 100% teleworking during the COVID-19 crisis.
As a System Engineer you will perform the following tasks:
- Translates functional and engineering requirements into contract tasking documentation
- Recommends and prepares PWS and contract deliverables
- Prepares systems engineering event tasking for contractual documentation such as PWSs, SOWs, SOOs
- Coordinates and assists in preparation of other contract documentation such as: Request for Information, market research reports, Requests for Proposals,
- Supports market research and material solutions analyses
- Investigates and evaluates solution alternatives
- Provides technical comparison of alternatives in terms of effectiveness, cost, and risk
- Recommends solutions and programmatic way forward
- Creates documentation to support program kick-off and initiation
- Analyzes alternative material solutions with respect to defined requirements to determine effectiveness, risk, and requirement satisfaction
- Provides independent engineering assessments in support of the full range of projects, as needed
- Recommends technical metrics and measures to facilitate the systems engineering and management of programs in development
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and recommends process improvement
Bachelor’s Degree, at least 20 years of practical experience in systems engineering supporting DoD/DON programs. OR
Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or related field from an accredited program with at least 15 years of experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
NISC Washington, DC (DC12)