User Experience (UX) Strategist
How would you like to make a difference in the lives of Americans? Or, how would you like the work you produce to touch real lives? ICF is looking for a User Experience (UX) Strategist to join our thriving UX team. This position provides our client with expertise in UX design, UX research, and content strategy to help improve citizen services. You’ll provide strategic guidance to clients and direction to junior UX staff responsible for day-to-day delivery. You’ll conduct research and testing, facilitate workshops, provide customer- and user-experience expertise, and create artifacts to memorialize the findings (e.g. personas, journey maps, experience maps, service blueprints and more.) You’ll also be a steward for the design process, translating research into practical user interface designs and feature enhancements in the context of fast-paced Agile development practices.
We push the digital world forward, using technology to achieve life’s most important mission—connecting people. Are you ready for what’s next? We offer constant learning opportunities, happy hours at headquarters, and great benefits are just some of the perks of joining ICF.
*** This position is based in Washington, DC area.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of experience in UX design and research
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions
- Extensive experience conducting UX research and testing
- Experience creating personas, journey maps, service blueprints, business process maps, and other design artifacts
- Experienced at facilitating human-centered design (HCD) and design thinking sessions and workshops—including remote sessions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and owning wireframes, prototypes and information architectures for large digital applications, utilizing tools such as Figma, Sketch, LucidChart and Invision
- Demonstrated experience in design and specification writing for pattern libraries and design systems
- Visual thinker, with immaculate skill in rapidly sketching and conveying ideas on paper and whiteboards
- Experience working highly collaboratively and effectively with project managers and agile development teams to deliver user-centered solutions within budget and scope
- Experience working with government agencies
- Active security clearance
- Accessibility expertise—508 Trusted Tester a plus
- Experience in business systems analysis and lean business process improvement
- Experience with proposing new projects, including proposals, statements of work, estimating level of effort
- Experience creating interfaces for data visualization that enhance user understanding and ability to explore data sets
- Understanding of customer experience considerations across various channels-e.g. in person, call centers, text messaging programs, mobile apps, websites, social media channels, email
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- UX, HCD, or related certification (e.g. NNG, IDEO, General Assembly)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)