Residential Energy Ambassador- Tempe, AZ
Residential Energy Ambassador
To support our recent growth in Arizona, we are building a team of Residential Energy Ambassadors to assist in the implementation of utility sponsored energy efficiency programs. Ambassadors will conduct a comprehensive residential home energy assessment in accordance with utility program standards. Assessments may be conducted virtually or in-person, in compliance with national, state and local health and safety guidance, and customer preference. You will educate homeowners about how to make their homes more energy efficient, comfortable and assist them in taking the next steps to upgrade their home. Job responsibilities include: residential virtual and/or field visits, collecting information on appliances, HVAC equipment, envelope and windows, and installing or delivering energy efficiency LED lamp’s and other items in single-family and multi-family residences. The Ambassador will provide recommendations for next steps customers might make to continue with additional energy efficiency upgrades their home.
- Conduct energy assessments for residential single and multi-family homes, virtually or in-person, following health and safety guidance from national, state and local authorities.
- Install or deliver instant savings measures such as LED’s and other energy savings devices
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter the data in the program software tool. Accurately document assessment activities and assist in monitoring progress towards program goals on customer participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommended next steps
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the energy assessment
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate
- Prepare summary reports identifying opportunities found during virtual/in-person visits
- Perform introductory tablet-based energy assessment in a timely and efficient manner
- Investigate main drivers of energy consumption in customer homes and troubleshoot comfort issues with customers
- Attend community events such home and trade shows promoting and registering homeowners for the program
- High School Diploma + 3 years work experience, or Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional appearance
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Able to lift boxes no heavier than 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, installing light bulbs and equipment, above head arm movements
- Certified RESNET HERS Rater, HESP or equivalent experience
- Experience with energy audits and experience promoting energy efficiency in the residential sector
- BPI certified Building Analyst
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
- bilingual English / Spanish preferred
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Full health benefits, including: Flex spending, Retirement savings, Stock Purchase plan, Work-Life benefits, Professional development and Education benefits
- Professional development opportunities, including training and educational assistance
- Flexible workplace arrangements
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arizona Remote Office (AZ99)