Media Relations Manager
At ICF Next, we change lives, strengthen communities, stretch minds and shape history. We’re devoted to finding better ways to innovate solutions for a healthier planet, addressing the opioid and drug overdose crises, unleash new energy solutions and improve the quality of life worldwide. What we do matters and that inspires us each and every day.
ICF Next is looking for a seasoned, highly motivated, and savvy Media Relations Manager. The candidate will develop and execute earned media strategies and tactics that help clients meet their critical communication, public relations, public awareness, and business goals. Strong candidates will have deep public and/or commercial health experience with skills in the following areas:
- developing strategic media plans, fostering relationships with national and local media outlets and journalists;
- working relationships with journalists who cover public health, healthcare, and/or transportation preferred;
- innovative techniques for generating earned coverage nationally and locally;
- counseling clients in managing negative news cycles; and
- media training/coaching.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities and the chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and uniquely positioned organization. This role could be based out of our Atlanta office or the DC metro area and the position allows for a flexible schedule with options to telework.
- Develop and implement strategies to generate earned media outcomes that amplify impact and bring clear results for our clients.
- Maintain and foster client relationships and manage expectations.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends among media professionals.
- Serve a key member of ICF Next’s Media Relations Practice and counsel junior members to foster enhanced media expertise.
- Participates in new business development and presentations.
- Collaborates across disciplines and serves as the media lead, when applicable on key accounts.
- Must be an industry leader with 8+ years of experience in developing earned media campaigns, preferably in a firm, healthcare setting, or government agency.
- Substantial knowledge of marketing, public relations, and integrated media.
- Experience with multi-channel media approaches and media pitching.
- Demonstrated experience, results, and relationships with key journalists and outlets is a must.
- Experience providing senior media counsel in a client environment is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- PR agency or government agency experience preferred.
- Experience working directly with media covering public health, healthcare and/or transportation preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)