Community Development Intern
We are seeking a Community Development Intern to support the award-winning HUD Exchange website, which centralizes resources for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) grantees, providing training, guidance, tools, reports, policy help desks, and much more. View the website at https://www.hudexchange.info.
The Community Development Intern will support delivering fresh, innovative, and user-focused content and responding to a wide array of user needs for the HUD Exchange. The Community Development Intern will work on multiple tasks concurrently and assume an active role on the HUD Exchange project team within ICF’s Housing and Community Development (HCD) Practice. The Community Development Intern will be expected to work as part of teams to execute tasks that support the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. For this position, the tasks will largely focus on responding to user inquiries, drafting web content, and providing project support.
The Community Development Intern should have interest in affordable housing and community development, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong problem-solving skills. Some experience in digital content is preferred. This position offers the potential for advancement. This part-time position will be starting in May 2020.
- Contributing to the promotion of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple tasks with all levels of staff
- Drafting responses to user inquiries
- Supporting the delivery of webinars
- Drafting website content
- Supporting administrative efforts
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Policy Studies, Urban Planning, Communications, or related subjects
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Interest in affordable housing and community development issues
- Interest in technology and web design/development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
About ICF’s Housing and Community Development Practice
The Housing and Community Development Practice (HCD). HCD provides services to strengthen communities and the institutions that work to provide affordable housing, prevent homelessness, recover from natural disasters, and promote financial literacy. HCD does this through training and technical assistance, data analysis, monitoring, planning, and program implementation services.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)