Clean Transportation Industry Specialist
Are you passionate about clean transportation and energy issues? Want to contribute to the development and implementation of innovative projects to support these ever-changing fields? Then join ICF’s Transportation, Resilience, Energy, and Climate Solutions Line of Business.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their programs and initiatives related to electric vehicles (EV) and other technologies and strategies in clean transportation. Successful candidates will be responsible for helping shape critical programs for the next era of energy policies that will impact our communities and our world. They will be part of a team that reviews and analyzes clean transportation technologies and helps overcome market barriers. Successful candidates will have experience working in the field of clean transportation, background in conducting stakeholder outreach to facilitate industry engagement, strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to organize tasks and teams.
Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. He or she will have an opportunity to apply their academic and professional knowledge, gain exposure to interesting research- and data-based projects, and interact with industry experts and clients, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills. Mid-level staff in our consulting practice have the opportunity to advance into management roles.
What you will be doing . . .
- Conducting phone and email outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including electric utility representatives, vehicle charging infrastructure providers, and industry associations.
- Staying current and connected with the electric vehicle market, including trends, policies, key players, and more.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, presentations, and other opportunities.
- Performing research, review literature, and conduct interviews/surveys to address challenges from federal, state, local, and utility clients.
- Gathering, compiling, analyzing, verifying, entering, and reporting data.
- Interacting with clients and supervising staff execution of tasks and projects.
What you need to have . . .
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, environmental studies, energy, public policy, or a similar field.
- 3+ years’ work experience in clean transportation (e.g., transportation electrification).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing reports, articles, literature reviews, case studies, or other communications materials.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and long- and short-term planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and contribute as a team player.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and organizations.
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic with sound business ethics.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Foundational knowledge in transportation electrification, including vehicle technologies and charging infrastructure.
- Existing relationships with key market actors, including electric utility representatives, vehicle charging infrastructure providers and related stakeholders
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of utility electrification programs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)