Data Reporting and Analytics Specialist - Florida
Interested in joining our growing team of Disaster Recovery experts in Florida as a Data Reporting and Analytics Specialist?
Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
This position is responsible for managing data systems, analyzing data and creating visually compelling reports to support the delivery of disaster recovery programs in Florida. The role requires synthesizing quantitative information from a variety of sources, designing report formats, and providing analytics to help senior leadership make decisions to assist applicants in an efficient and effective manner.
This position may work with a Management Information Systems professional as needed during the program lifecycle.
Ideally, you should have an understanding of federal, state, and grant funding sources; experience with data management of basic and complex datasets from multiple sources and in multiple formats; the ability to interpret and communicate complex fiscal and administrative concepts to operational staff; and a sense of ownership and accountability as well as a willingness and commitment to adding value to the program
• Work as part of a team providing application intake and processing support for disaster-related assistance programs.
• Develop a strong understanding of Florida’s recovery programs, processes and procedures to provide meaningful reports and analyses that focus on forecasting operational and financial performance, burn rates, and average costs.
• Prepare reports, dashboards, analyses, and briefings on disaster recovery assistance program related issues for senior client staff.
• Conduct proactive review, verification, and/or remediation of data quality in operational and financial reports. Ensure that data corrections are made properly.
• Provide necessary reports and data as requested by client and program management.
• Analyze new system changes to determine how they affect data across the multiple systems and reports.
• Generate high quality dashboard and report mock-ups to support reporting requirements.• Lead special projects, including ad hoc assignments, the production of special reports, and responses to federal and local inquiries, when necessary.
• College degree in a related field
• 3+ years in related roles during which capability has been clearly demonstrated
• Proficient knowledge in MS Excel including use of advanced formulas, charts, and formatting to create polished and “client ready” deliverables
• Familiarity with capabilities and limitations of commercially available data management and reporting solutions
• Familiarity with SQL and query writing for large data sets
• Ability to design report formats that are visually compelling
• Demonstrated ability to work with large amounts of data, identify patterns, trends, and see the ‘bigger picture’
• Ability to understand business needs (including drawing out those unstated), translate these business needs into requirements, and meet them with data solutions
• Ability to manage the full data product lifecycle encompassing opportunity identification, requirements gathering, design, development, execution and sunsetting• Experience working with data related to federal grant reporting, financial analysis, public sector accounting, public policy analysis, grant management, and/or budgetary planning/management
• Experience working with emergency management programs, such as FEMA Public Assistance (PA) and Individual Assistance (IA) preferred
• Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention and focus to detail
• Superior written and verbal communications skills
• Creative problem-solver with ability to come up with outside-of-the-box solutions.
• Comfortable working in challenging and fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
• Ability to work calmly and proficiently under pressure, exercising independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks• Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain working relationships with colleagues, client staff, state officials, partner government agencies, and all other internal and external workforces at all levels with utmost professionalism
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)