Policies and Procedures Lead - CDBG DR - Florida
Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
ICF seeks a Policies and Procedures Lead to oversee operations, outreach and intake services, and eligibility determination implementing Florida’s Housing Recovery Programs funded with Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR). The Policies and Procedures Lead will work closely with the Program Manager and senior ICF staff, subject matter experts and junior staff to carry out the following:
- Oversee a team providing subject matter expertise in program design and CDBG-DR as well as applicable cross-cutting regulations to support housing and community development and disaster recovery efforts.
- Develop process flows, policies and procedures, tools and job aids necessary for the implementation of all Housing Recovery Programs
- Provide support in disaster recovery program design and implementation, as well as pre-disaster risk mitigation measures.
- Provide guidance on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, FEMA, cross cutting Federal requirements) and translating them into the implementation of the programs.
- Provide training and technical assistance on the implementation of Housing Recovery Programs
- Interact with senior staff from local, state and federal government agencies
- Present technical information in key meetings
- Advise senior leadership
- 6-10 years of experience in housing recovery experience, preferably in CDBG-DR
- Project and personnel management skills and experience providing expert support in order to implement large scale housing recovery programs.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work long hours as necessary
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)