Duplication of Benefits Specialist - CDBG DR - Florida
Do you have experience in the insurance field? Join our Disaster Recovery team in Tallahassee, FL.
Your primary role is to review insurance data and other funding sources for duplication of benefits and provide a regulatory review of case to ensure completion.
- Provide guidance and training and technical assistance to Case Management Lead and Case Managers on the DOB regulations and program guidelines
- Serve as the primary point of contact with property insurance companies that provided benefits to applicants
- Review of statements of loss or estimation of insurance proceeds based on insurance policy.
- Ensure accuracy of DOB information in files and make determinations on amount of duplication of benefits, if any
- As needed, collect information from applicants on assistance or benefits awarded through other duplicative funding sources
- Understand, refine and implement detailed procedures to be able to distinguish between duplicative and non-duplicative assistance
- Develop job aids and work flows necessary to ensure appropriate DOB review
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience reviewing insurance payout documents
- Knowledge of insurance policy forms and property coverage
- Prior experience with CDBG-DR duplication of benefits analysis preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the Stafford Act preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)