Program Manager - Environmental Chemistry
Interested in making a difference to the planet? Want to work with a team of Environmental Chemists who care about the protection of human health and the environment? Are you seeking broad exposure to environmental remediation and Superfund related cleanup processes with interaction with EPA on a regional level?
ICF is seeking an experienced Program Manager in Environmental Chemistry to join our team in support of an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT) in Atlanta, GA, and across the country. The team performs soil, water, air, waste and tissue sample analysis for chemical contaminants primarily supporting Superfund site assessment, remediation, and emergency response but also for compliance under the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Clean Water Act. Additional support provided by the team includes ambient air monitoring for priority pollutants, gravimetric laboratory operations for particulates in air (Athens, GA location), data validation for the Superfund and other programs, quality assurance document review, field sampling and analysis, and warehouse support.
Work is available at various federal government laboratories across the US to include: Athens, GA; Chelmsford, MA; Houston, TX; Kansas City, KS; Ada, OK; Edison, NJ; Richmond, CA; Corvallis, OR; Seattle, WA; Ft. Meade, MD; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO.
- Manage a team of approximately 20 Chemists and Technicians providing sample analysis, quality assurance, and laboratory operational support
- Provide technical input to and technical oversight of the work performed
- Schedule, track and report assignments and work products
- Develop budgets and ensure financial performance of the team
- Supervision of technical staff including personnel selection and evaluation
- Client contact and technical presentation
- Ensure compliance with all technical, quality assurance, and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience to include EPA programs and EPA methods
- 5+ years of experience managing environmental analysis group and/or laboratory of 10 or more direct reports
- Proficiency with data acquisition, instrument reporting and Laboratory Information Management systems
- Advanced degree in chemistry
- Recent experience with quality assurance program implementation
- Familiarity with the CLP, EXES, and NFG for data validation
- Recent experience with analytical method development for environmental samples
- Experience in PEP, NPAP, NPEP, Pb PEP for ambient air monitoring
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)