ICF is currently seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will create installs, configures, and maintains software, hardware, servers, and clients. Implements, maintains, and monitors network and system security along with system performance. Location - Columbia, MD and Aberdeen Proving Ground.
Maintains system integrity and environmental access for users ensuring network connectivity and integrity.
Assigns configuration and authorization of directory services.
Develops and implements network system backups.
Maintains security and patch updates.
- LINUX - Build, configure and maintain a wide variety of Red Hat based operating systems within a very diverse environment, from remote servers to users. Support clustered computing, web servers, intrusion detection, databases and more.
- HBSS- Non-traditional systems
- 5+ years relevant IT experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Security clearance required
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Advanced knowledge of network/systems technologies and protocols
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- certifications: (CEH,
- Strong initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)