Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
DevOps Engineer Fairfax office or open to a remote location.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
As a Senior AWS Engineer, you will:
Develop highly scalable, secure, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate cloud adoption. You will help promote best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions and bring expertise on migrating existing workloads to the cloud. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. A majority of your work will involving building, enhancing, troubleshooting, and maintaining environments for Drupal websites. .
- Lead deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Collaborate with project teams to define and implement solutions based on stakeholder needs, using best practices.
- Set up performance monitoring, financial dashboards, automatic backups, and contingency plans for projects using AWS solutions
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal technical teams
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams
- Author or otherwise contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
As a Senior AWS Engineer, you will have:
- Expertise in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the IT field focusing on development projects, DevSecOps, and technical architecture specifically
- Strong architecture & design experience (at least 2 of the 5 years) deploying enterprise applications on AWS.
- Must have experience in authoring thought leadership, technical white papers, and other technical documentation.
- Detailed understanding of how VPC’s work.
- Experience with configuration managers (Ansible, Chef).
- Ability to build and maintain large-scale, high availability server architectures.
- Experience with load balancers.
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
- Intimate knowledge of AWS Services.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 2+ Years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)