Front End Developer
The Front End Developer is part of a collaborative team which strategizes innovative solutions for our clients, and actively participates in the implementation of digital solutions. The Front End Developer will be responsible for bringing ICF Next’s creative vision to life on the Web, Tablet and Mobile screens for some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Visually oriented, you know what looks good and have an incredible eye for detail and user experience
- Adaptable ,you learn quickly as new emerging frameworks are rapidly evolving, you stay up-to-date with the newest trends
- Collaborative, you enjoy working with several cross functional teams on daily basis
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members
- Goal oriented, always knowing what the next milestone is, and doing what it takes to deliver
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Solutions: Develop and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and faced paced team environment
- Estimation: Provide accurate timing estimates on work and scope
- Documentation:Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Collaboration: Collaborate with design, engineering and product teams on requirements, technical architecture and implementation of Web products
- Ideation: Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas to solutions
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for a Front End Software Developer position will possess the following competencies:
- Agency technology experience or equivalent is an asset
- Experience with at least one of: Mustache JS, Backbone JS, or Angular JS
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile web UX standards
- Ability to create sophisticated UI features for high-performance, scalable web applications
- Experience translating PSD layered-comps and annotated wireframes into semantic HTML markup
- Experience with Enterprise and Open Source CMSes such as Adobe AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, WordPress, and others preferred
- Solid understanding of RESTFul architecture and APIs
- Experience in working with secure web coding practices (OWASP)
- Experience in working with accessibility coding practices (WCAG2.0)
- Experience with Mobile application frameworks is a bonus
- Strong communication, strategy and problem-solving skills
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)