ICF’s Energy, Environment and Infrastructure operating group advises federal, state, local, and commercial clients on environmental planning and science, energy efficiency, energy markets, surface transportation, and climate change. The team actively advises utilities, cities, and federal agencies on resilience and decarbonization strategies.
ICF’s Energy, Environment, and Infrastructure Group is seeking an experienced senior administrative assistant to support the group leader of approximately 1,750 staff. The group leader splits her time between an ICF office in Philadelphia and the ICF Corporate office in Fairfax, VA. The selected candidate (based in either location) will perform administrative and organizational tasks with minimal direction, handle complex tasks, utilize highly developed coordination skills to work on multiple projects concurrently, and provide support in highly confidential matters. Experience working with internal and external senior level executives, collaborating with teams, and interacting with vendors, visitors, and clients is required. The ideal candidate will work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines and expectations.
The position is full-time and based at ICF’s headquarters office in Fairfax, Virginia or ICF’s Philadelphia office at 2005 Market Street, Suite 3110, Philadelphia, PA.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application to be considered for the role.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as gatekeeper and point-of-contact for the Group Leader, modeling utmost confidentiality and professionalism.
- Maintain and manage calendar, appointments, and calls for the Group Leader. Resolve calendar conflicts and manager other operational requests.
- Maintain and continually develop a solid understanding of organizational operations, policies, procedures and regulations to better anticipate upcoming needs and requests.
- Build strong internal and external relationships and become a go-to resource for corporate and agency information within the team.
- Meeting preparations; including hospitality, setting up conference rooms and preparing presentation materials and handouts.
- As requested, attend team meetings, collect notes and action items and send follow up to team members.
- Consulting with corporate travel agents, coordinate travel arrangements including transportation and accommodations, based upon corporate guidelines. Prepare tentative travel plans and suitable alternatives for approval by traveler. Serve as general resource for traveler; research problems and resolve issues as necessary.
- Track travel for expense purposes. Generate expense reports monthly.
- Lead group event planning and coordination as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in comparable position, supporting senior leadership or executive level role is required.
- High school degree is required, some college coursework is preferred.
- Experience handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature
- Demonstrated aptitude for effectively employing technology to support gains in productivity, efficiency, coordination, and staff engagement across the Group (e.g., setting up audio/visual equipment and comfortable with technologies that facilitate virtual meetings and communication)
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize to work within deadlines, diplomatic, strategic at multi-tasking, forward-thinker, problem solver, project manager, and ability to work independently.
- Experience with MS SharePoint 2013, MS Teams and Workday preferred
- Experience working with geographically disbursed teams, which includes many off site staff and staff on travel
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Philadelphia, PA (PA06)