Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Java Developer
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and highly motivated Senior Java Developer with exceptional programming skills to join our team in Arlington, VA!
The ideal candidate will work as part of a team of technical analysts and will provide highly technical and specialized analysis, guidance, and solutions to complex information system challenges in support of IT strategy, governance, stakeholder engagement, and systems engineering life cycle activities.
- Performs analysis, design, coding, and testing for system software components, databases, and applications possessing a wide range of capabilities (e.g., engineering, business, and records management functions) to advance proofs-of-concept, reusable frameworks, and reference applications/architectures.
- Develops requirements and technical specifications; prepares program and customer-level documentation.
- Assists senior analysts in preparing input and test data for the proposed system; and enhances and maintains software.
- Analyzes existing systems for documenting as-is system analysis and make recommendations to future designs.
- Transitions system development from business to system use cases.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Propose innovative improvements to existing processes and technologies and novel integration approaches for newly acquired solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience developing web-based enterprise solutions: front-end, mid-tier, and server/database.
- Expert use of Eclipse IDE (or equivalent).
- Expertise in: Accessible UI design, responsive design, aspect-oriented programming, containers, microservices.
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and tuning of application servers.
- Possess strong written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Agile delivery.
- ParaSoft experience.
- Fortify experience.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Cloud development: AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry, Box, Salesforce.
- Tomcat / WebLogic.
- Familiarity with:
- Oracle 11g, 12c, and Application Express (APEX)
- Mobile application development platforms
- Data visualization (D3.js and similar)
- Apache Camel
- .NET application development
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support.
- Solid oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)