Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Consultant – Environment and food
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Consultant to join a growing team within our business that develops, analyses and evaluates policies relating to food, farming, animal welfare, natural environment and marine policy. This role can be based in London, Birmingham, Plymouth or in Brussels, Belgium.
Our clients include Defra, Natural England, the Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC), the Marine Management Organisation (MMO), the Food Standards Agency (FSA), the European Commission and the European Food Safety Authority. We are working on many of today’s most important policy issues, providing robust evidence and strategic support. For example, we are providing research and evaluation services on behalf of Defra to support the development of a new approach to Environmental Land Management as directed under the Agriculture Bill.
From day one, you will contribute to a diverse range of assignments by undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and analysis that impacts directly on public policy decisions. In parallel, we will provide you with the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development support, structured career guidance systems, our mentoring programme, communities of practice and line management arrangements.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake policy and/or economic research and analysis
- Prepare descriptive and analytical reports
- Manage, or contribute to the management of, projects and tasks
- Help us to win new work by contributing to compelling proposals
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Degree or Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- Good understanding of UK and/or European policy-making process (experience of working on assignments for the UK Government or European Commission would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable interest and experience in one or more of: food, farming, animal welfare, environment and marine policy
- Relevant professional experience of at least 3 years within the context of UK or EU public policy in a related field
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills
- Business development experience, including contributing to proposals / grant applications, would be an advantage
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications)
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one additional European language an advantage
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)