Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Health Sciences Communications Associate
To support ICF’s dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking a Health Sciences Communications Associate to work in our Health Science Portfolio who will focus on science communication and technical report development. You will join a group of 80+ science professionals providing toxicology, epidemiology, chemistry, risk assessment, exposure assessment, environmental modeling, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents. We support the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in answering scientific questions regarding human health and the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) National Center for Environmental Assessment in developing risk assessments, among other clients.
This Associate position will focus on technical communication, editing, and report development. Job duties will include preparing NIEHS and EPA reports for digital publication using XML and HTML code; preparing compiled, formatted reports consistent with institute and agency guidelines; editing scientific text for clarity, grammar, and style; conducting quality control checks on report drafts; composing report text and compiling laboratory data and project summaries describing study methods, results, and discussion; and related activities.
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
This position will be located in Durham, NC.
- Digitally publishing peer-reviewed reports on federal agency websites using XML and HTML software tools
- Formatting complex documents according to client standards
- Following and implementing standardized QA/QC procedures on documents and reports
- Managing references and citations for technical reports
- Participating in scientific workshop activities, including notetaking and developing workshop summary reports
- Supporting the peer review process for government research and publications
- Conducting data extraction and data entry
- Reviewing scientific and peer-reviewed literature across a broad variety of scientific topics and synthesizing findings
- Synthesizing scientific findings and communicating them through various formats and media (e.g., written reports, online websites, visualizations)
- Working collaboratively in teams and interacting and corresponding with project managers
- Master’s degree in toxicology, epidemiology, biology, chemistry, environmental science, environmental engineering, technical communication, or related subject
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Fluency in MS Word styles and templates
- Familiarity with publishing tools and XML code preferred
- Ability to demonstrate quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Exceptional research and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Digital/online publishing skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong outreach and self-motivation skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Durham, NC (NC05)