Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF seeks an experienced Fiscal Specialist to provide ongoing, prompt and accurate fiscal assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees and will support Federal staff with high quality grants management services. This position is based on-site at the Region VII Federal office in Kansas City, MO.
- Review and take action on applications so that they may be funded 30 days prior to a grantee’s refunding date. Prepare continuation Financial Assistance Awards (FAAs) with cover letters for mailing out 30 days prior to a grantee’s refunding date
- Prepare and track grants through review and funding process. Deliverables include completed grant review checklist, timely contact with grantees to resolve issues, negotiation sheets and FAAs prepared in Grants Solutions software, briefing meetings with program staff and with management, leading to the awarding of annual continuation grant awards, program improvement grant awards, cost-of-living grant awards, and one-time funding awards to grantees.
- Monitor timeliness, receipt and accuracy of grant applications, financial reporting documents and financial draw downs.
- Correspond with grantee staff on a regular basis.
- Monitor ongoing fiscal performance of grantees, evaluation of required fiscal reports, wage comparability study; resolution of audit findings and recommendations; and resolution of community/individual complaints.
- Prepare grant closeouts. Deliverables include completed closeout checklist, assurance that reports and audits have been reviewed for completeness and correctness, a closeout letter that is sent to the grantee, and a closeout award processed in the Grants Solutions software system.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college, with a preference for a degree in Accounting, Business Management, or a related field.
- Background and training in accounting and/or financial management, including audit resolution activities.
- Three years experience related to federal discretionary grants management non-profit or for-profit financial management, and regulatory compliance monitoring and oversight.
- Knowledge and experience with the administration of discretionary grants is required; with a preference for Head Start/Early Head Start Programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Grant Solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with Regional Office staff and other partners.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to build productive business relationships.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomac
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Missouri Client Office (MO88)