Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Homeless Service Specialist - REMOTE ROLE
Your passion is supporting communities with implementing best practice strategies to end homelessness. At ICF you can put that passion into action by joining our team of experts working on homelessness and supportive housing. We partner with U.S. federal agencies, state and local government, non-profits, and other community partners in their efforts to end homelessness. This position is remote work scenario. Apply today to become part of our great team of experts!
What you’ll be doing:
As a Homeless Services Specialist you will be an integral part of the Homeless Services Team at ICF. The selected candidate will be a team player able to work in a fast paced environment who will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing technical guidance on one or more HUD Ask A Question help desk, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of homeless assistance programs and other programs designed to assist special needs populations.
- Support technical assistance engagements on efforts related to ending homelessness: coordination of and participation in onsite TA visits and preparing reports, guidance and training materials.
- Providing day-to-day technical advice regarding requirements, regulations and rules, procedures, and practices of programs serving homeless populations.
- Providing financial and project management support on work being performed.
- Ensuring that all technical work performed is of high quality, on-budget, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Support one or more HUD Ask A Question help desk.
Basic Qualifications you’ll need to have:
- A commitment to ending homelessness
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years of direct experience working in public or private non-profit homeless assistance organizations
- Detailed knowledge of McKinney-Vento Act implementing regulations and guidelines including (but not limited to) the CoC Program Interim rule, Emergency Solutions Grants program interim rule, the Final Rule on Defining “Chronically Homeless”, and HUD’s Notice CPD-17-01.
- Must be willing to travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work limited overtime, as needed
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations
- Master's Degree in planning, public policy, government, or a related discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of HMIS governance, policy and administration.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of how McKinney-Vento homeless assistance programs are implemented at the state and/or local level.
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing a racial equity lens to assist communities understand structural racism, and work toward more equitable outcomes
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)