Recently ranked by PR Week as the 2nd largest independent agency in the country, our Marketing team is made up of more than 1,700 communications professionals. Supporting clients through strategic communications and marketing on energy efficiency, our Marketing team produces award-winning work that changes behavior and ultimately helps individuals, communities, and the environment. Our team includes a more than 150-person creative and media services group and conducts all aspects of marketing to include advertising, public relations, strategic planning, research, social media, events, outreach, and partnerships.
The Marketing Specialist will support the planning, development, and implementation of marketing and advertising strategies and communications activities to support our energy efficiency efforts with utility clients across the country. On a daily basis, we help our clients and communities use less energy, save money and help the environment through the development, implementation and refinement of marketing and outreach initiatives. We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our work as we are and has the skills and attitude to be successful. This position will be based in our New York, New York office.
- Marketing campaign materials development, such as newsletters, fact sheets, customer stories, and Web sites
- Social and paid media outreach planning and content development
- Media research and support in developing strategic plans and presentations
- Planning and executing special events, meetings, and workshops
- Developing briefings, presentations, and other communications tools
- Tracking and reporting on campaign metrics
- Tracking and reporting on marketing campaign budgets
- Tracking multiple deliverables on deadlines using Microsoft Office and other collaboration tools including Basecamp, Trello, Sharepoint, SmartSheets, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, required (e.g., communications, marketing, public relations, or advertising)
- 2+ years of professional marketing communications experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of traditional and social media environments
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Experience working at a marketing, PR or advertising agency
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration
- Experience conducting Internet and literature research on topics such as environment, energy efficiency, sustainability, and more
- Experience using content management systems (CMS) and email management systems such as MailChimp, Eloqua, Hubspot, and Salesforce
- Experience developing education and outreach materials
- Understanding of various communication channels and how they work (print, social, digital, paid media, events and outreach, direct response, etc)
- Experience working in a multi-task environment
- Detail oriented and precise
- Responsive to feedback
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Wall Street, NY (NY17)