Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Transportation System Operations Senior Manager
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. Our work often includes evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking a Transportation System Operations Senior Manager responsible for planning and completing projects and tasks in our Washington, DC office. The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Planning, deployment, evaluation of new transportation technology models and systems
- Regional transportation system management and operations concepts, including Integrated Corridor Management (ICM), Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM), intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and reliability issues
- Systems engineering processes for transportation technology development with experience in developing Concept of Operations, system requirements specifications, and test plans.
- Transportation economic analysis and/or asset management concepts, including risk assessment, benefit-cost analysis, and system condition and performance assessment
- Transportation data related to freight and/or passenger travel and traffic flow, with ability to conduct complex data analysis and visualization
The candidate will work directly with clients and senior staff, as well as internal and external experts in their field of expertise. This position trains, develops, and directs the work of junior staff.
The successful candidate will develop business, lead programs, and manage staff within the portfolio supporting various federal, state, and local initiatives.
- Leading the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Lead identification, capture management, and proposal writing
- Communicating with clients
- Developing concepts of operations, systems requirements, and systems integration plans
- Developing technical reports and guidance
- Facilitating workshops
- Program and project management
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- 6-10 years of experience in transportation systems management and operations, Intelligent Transportation Systems, planning for operations, and/or asset management
- Master's degree in transportation engineering or systems engineering
- Experience conducting transportation projects for US DOT, TRB, state DOTs, and/or other public sector transportation agencies
- Government consulting experience
- Washington, DC
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)