Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Instructional Designer
As an Instructional Designer for the Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC) you will design and develop creative and engaging online and face-to-face trainings that support victim advocates who work with victims of crime. You will work both independently and as part of a larger learning and development team and work closely with subject matter experts in the victim services field.
What You Will Do:
- Create instructionally sound trainings, including developing learning objectives, assessments, course outlines, learning activities, case studies, job aids, and reference materials for online delivery.
- Create storyboards, scripts, and course video content using software such as Captivate.
- Ensure that all online trainings are developed to be fully 508 compliant.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), OVC staff, and OVC TTAC internal staff in the design and development of trainings.
- Monitor and respond to instructor and participant feedback to improve training materials and ensure their currency.
- Provide hands-on assistance for technology integration to team, SMEs, instructors and participants both during development and delivery.
- M.A. or M. Ed. in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Distance Learning, or related field.
- 5 years of proven experience as an Instructional Designer designing and managing online and face-to face training projects.
- Experience with one or more LMSs.
- Experience in bringing together text, images, video, and audio in both traditional and e-learning trainings.
- Experience integrating instructional technology into trainings.
- Familiarity with the application of adult learning theory to training.
- Experience with developing scenario-/goal-/problem-based training.
- Knowledge of victim services field preferred. a plus.
- Knowledge of Storyline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)