Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Aviation Consultant- Cambridge, MA
ICF’s aviation team provides objective and independent commercial, financial, technical, and regulatory guidance to aviation clients, including airlines, airports, financial institutions, manufacturers, U.S. federal agencies, international governments, VIPs, and heads of state. We help aviation clients manage assets and operations, mitigate risk, and maximize return on investment. Our multidisciplinary teams include former airline and airport executives, maintenance and operations specialists, financial analysts, and other aviation experts offering highly specialized skills in aviation fundamentals. The depth of our experience includes thousands of client engagements and a 50-year track record.
As an Aviation Consultant, you will be a key member of a client facing consulting team within the Aviation line of business. tasks Your role will also include administrative responsibilities such as developing budgets and scopes of work, internal project set-up and close-out, budget tracking, and liaising with ICF’s Contracts and Finance teams. You will also be expected to contribute to business development efforts by working on proposals, attending conferences, delivering speeches/presentations, and contributing to ICF’s thought leadership.
- Participate as a member of a consulting team on client-based projects
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data in support of assessments
- Interface with clients to gather data and present results of studies and analyses
- Write reports and presentations to synthesize and explain analyses
- Be familiar with transportation industry data sources and issues
- Support development of intellectual property development projects
- Support business development efforts, including proposal writing
- Graduates of top-tier colleges, with degrees in engineering (aeronautical or other) economics, finance, or business.
- 2+ years of work experience in:
- strategy consulting; or
- aviation management in an analytical role or finance
- Strong analytical aptitude, and exposure to quantitative model development
- Very strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Masters from top tier school in business or engineering
- Familiarity with airline industry data sources and models
- Strong interest in aviation industry
- Exposure to aircraft, engines, and other aviation assets
- Comprehension of finance fundamentals
IT languages: Python, Matlab, C, Java, SQL, VBA
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
- People management experience, whether direct or cross functional
- Success in, and comfort operating within, a matrixed organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Cambridge, MA (MA11)