Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Analyst Intern (Austin, TX; Houston, TX; or Raleigh/Durham, NC)
Disaster Recovery Analyst Intern
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
ICF seeks candidates to support our disaster recovery project implementation and operations activities within the Disaster Management division. The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery programs. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
You will be responsible for providing support to the implementation of specific disaster recovery projects and programs throughout the United States.
Ability to relocate or already be living in the following locations is preferred:
- Austin, TX
- Houston, TX
- Raleigh/Durham, NC
The anticipated time frame for this internship is Summer 2020.
Provide ad hoc support on a variety of project implementation tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Provide support to design and implement disaster recovery programs and help refine program procedures and processes for implementation.
- Work with staff to set up systems and help interpret and apply disaster recovery regulations.
- Help implement CDBG-DR and FEMA funded programs.
- Help develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of guidance, protocols, communications and governance documents.
- Support the maintenance of the project site.
- Support development of a training curriculum.
- Assist with operational improvement initiatives and address operational problems as they arise.
- Conduct market research related to project interests.
- Track and providing updates on business development efforts.
- Track and maintain DM division project and personnel updates.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Austin, TX (TX18)