Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Cost Accountant with strong experience and proficiency using SAP on cost of service pricing, modeling, and analysis in the utility industry. Position will be in Melville, NY.
- Create and update special studies necessary for functionalizing and segmenting the distribution assets of the company and designing or updating the necessary allocators, running the cost of service models and updating all exhibits and assisting in the testimony.
- Assist in technical and cost analysis required to develop and gain regulatory approval for rate designs and tariff special provisions, terms and conditions. Assure communication and implementation of regulatory requirements.
- Explain Company proposals and underlying analysis to Company personnel and provide tariff interpretations to other Company personnel, regulatory staff, customers and consultants; prepare filings for miscellaneous tariff changes outside of a base rate case.
- Provide guidance to Operations regarding new rate structures.
- Propose and develop technical and cost analysis methodologies/spreadsheets/models to support electric and gas rate design, tariff special provisions, terms and conditions for electric and gas customer billing rates and development of corporate regulatory/legislative strategies
- Develop and write assigned sections of cost of service and rate-related testimony and recommend areas of strategy development.
- Draft responses to intervener interrogatories related to rate filings or issues.
- In preparation for a base rate case proceeding, create and update electric special studies necessary for functionalizing and segmenting the distribution assets of the company and designing or updating the necessary allocators.
- Be responsible for updating the Cost of Service models, propose and make changes where necessary and maintain all the supporting work papers, as well as design and create new ones.
- Design and develop complex financial models that link to various business models in order to develop forecasted revenue requirements, calculate rates and bill impacts required as part of petitions for new program development.
- Respond to various requests from senior management for ad hoc analyses and input into various presentations as it relates to rate impacts for existing or new programs.
- Engage and assist in Tariff Policy discussions and assist in resolving DPS complaints requiring tariff.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such as engineering, economics, mathematics or related field.
- 4 or more years’ experience in Cost Analysis and/or Cost Accounting, preferably in utility business, with cost of service pricing
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Spreadsheet modeling and a working knowledge of SAP or other Utility billing, accounting and customer care systems.
- Utility experience, and cost of service pricing experience.
- Good understanding of the utility business, familiarity with the application of gas or electric tariffs, cost of service analysis, and utility accounting.
- Proficient in quantitative analysis and spreadsheet modeling.
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Client Office (NY88)