Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Customer Service Team Lead
Customer Service Team Lead Advocate
We are looking for compassionate customer service professionals who want to help others. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work on the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, and innovative, ICF believes in growing the careers of our employees.
We are seeking self-motivated and energetic individuals to lead our team of Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) from our Martinsville, VA facility. Ideal candidates will possess a passion for providing services for older American who may be victims of financial fraud. We need individuals who are empathetic, respectful, professional, courteous, eager-to-learn, and ready to make a career with us.
Team Leads provide hands-on comprehensive support to CSRs. Team Leads will be on the call center floor proactively supporting a small team of customer service representatives. Team Leads are responsible for assisting CSRs with questions, providing guidance on calls, taking escalated calls, processing customer requests, investigating customer cases, and providing feedback to CSRs.
Technical and programmatic training will be provided. Candidates must be willing to work assigned shifts during the program hours of 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests for information, provide guidance as defined in approved reference guides, policies and procedures.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer and accurately document customer interactions.
- Actively listen to customer and take initiative to seek actionable solutions to customer goals or problems.
- Complete all commitments offered to customer in a timely manner; i.e. call backs.
- Identify and resolve customer issues with professionalism and with the collaboration of cross-functional team members as appropriate.
- Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment.
- Follow all policies and guidelines set by company.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company and customer information.
- A minimum of 3 years of customer service experience is required, previous experience as a customer service representative and/or a lead role in a call center is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree or some college training preferred.
- Must successfully pass criminal background checks.
- Must have no financial or other potential conflicts of interest that would impair one’s ability to provide fair and unbiased advice and assistance to callers.
- Applicants will be screened for diction, grammar, voice quality and articulation, proficiency with computer and customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work with minimal day-to-day direction.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to use a computer and navigate at high functionality.
- An action-oriented and results-driven individual who likes to be the one-stop solution for customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong personnel management skills, leadership and experience.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime, as necessary.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Martinsville, VA (VA23)