Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Account Executive (Corporate Affairs)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Account Executive to join our growing Corporate Affairs team in our Chicago office.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will:
- Act as day-to-day client contact for various projects
- Responsible for many day-to-day activities, including status updates, traditional and social media monitoring and reporting, tracking industry- and client-related issues, etc.
- Develop internal- and external-facing messaging, such as press releases, holding statements and employee communications
- Create media strategies and conduct/coordinate media relations in local and national markets, respond to media inquiries
- Regularly monitor media to mine for potential client issues, threats and opportunities
- Contribute to strategic planning for clients and the agency
- Fully understand relevant aspects of our clients’ businesses and generate new ideas to solve their communication challenges
- Collaborate on a regular basis with team members across multiple functions and practice areas within the agency
As a Senior Account Executive, you will need to:
- Demonstrate a record of success in executing media relations and internal communications campaigns
- Be comfortable working directly with C-Suite clients
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of issues management
- Be comfortable solving complex problems
- Be a versatile team player who enjoys collaboration
- Thrive and be flexible in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal skills, strong presentation skills
- Take a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving and issues management
- Enjoy building client relationships
- Have a serious work ethic with the ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in public relations, communications or other closely related field
- Have a four-year college degree in a relevant field of study
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL12)