UNIX System Administrator - Memphis
ICF is hiring a Unix System Administrator to support a large enterprise program. In this role, you will be responsible for managing effective provisioning, installation and configuration, system operations, and maintenance of hardware and software and related
This position will be on client site in Memphis, TN.
What you will be doing….
- Perform system monitoring and maintenance, including system administration on primarily Linux systems
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure, including reviewing system and application logs
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Support, maintain, and troubleshoot production issues or alerts
- Create and administrate user and manage service accounts
- Coordinate with other teams such as Administrators, Network Operations (OPS), Incidence Response Teams (IRT), Penetration/Security testing teams
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Manage Tier II and Tier III ticket escalations and perform on-call duties as needed.
- Providing assistance to other Administrators and/or Engineers when requested
- Bachelors’ degree in IT or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a UNIX sys admin, specifically SuSE, Red Hat and CentOS
- Knowledgeable in all areas of ITIL framework
- Experience with network switching, firewall and load balancing technology
- Experience with Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS)
- Familiarity with enterprise OS patching activities.
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card required (required by federal government for position)
- Familiarity ServiceNow a plus
- Availability for after-hours support as needed
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Solid oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Tennessee Client Office (TN88)