Energy Efficiency Coordinator
Interested in making a positive impact on the environment?
Come join our Energy Team at ICF! Do you love working with people? Do you have a passion for helping people, for saving the environment and for learning about energy efficiency? If yes, we want to hear from you! We are hiring self-motivated, engaging, and energetic individuals to join our team of Energy Efficiency Coordinators who are on a mission to help NYC customers reduce their energy consumption and save money.
WHO ARE WE?
ICF is a growing company with a large commercial energy business. Within our energy line of business, we work with leading government, utility, and energy companies across the US and Canada to help them design and implement various energy programs where we work with customers and contractors to provide simple but effective solutions to reduce energy costs.
WHAT DOES AN EFFICIENCY COORDINATOR DO?
Our team of Efficiency Coordinators provide technical customer support and outreach for the NYC Accelerator Program. Our Efficiency Coordinators have outgoing personalities and they enjoy helping people with energy efficiency and sustainability projects.
Ideal candidates possess a passion for helping customers identify the right solution that will allow them to reduce their energy consumption by evaluating historical data, understanding the building condition (existing or new construction), delivering relevant recommendations and directing them to appropriate market based resources. . Candidates may also advise market actors (property managers, community representatives, trade contractors and more) who reach out to the program and educate them on energy saving opportunities and rebates. Candidates must possess an interest in learning more about energy efficiency and building science with a focus on multi-family buildings in NYC. Technical program training will be provided.
- Provide exemplary service while educating building decision makers and market actors on the NYC Accelerator Program features, benefits, and participation requirements
- Accurately assess available program data to determine a program path and relevant next steps.
- Explain energy-saving strategies in terminology appropriate for the audience (i.e. building decision makers and trade contractors)
- Actively listen to customer needs and goals and appropriately describe and promote the program that meets the customer’s goal
- Work with pre-qualified leads to generate and schedule appointments where appropriate
- Assist customers and contractors with the application processes for market based programs
- Perform a desk-top eligibility review and aid building decision makers in identifying next steps
- Refer callers directly to appropriate team members when it is clear they are the next step in the process
- Acturately log all calls in CRM so NYC Accelerator team has access to the latest interation with building
- Complete all commitments offered to customer in a timely manner; i.e. call backs, application referral, email responses, etc.
- Identify and resolve customer issues with professionalism and with the collaboration of cross-functional team members as appropriate
- Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment
- Follow all policies and guidelines set by company
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company and participant information
QUALIFICATIONS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer-centric mindset
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Access to reliable transportation
- Passionate about making a difference
- Love working with people
- Great oral and written communication skills (talking and listening)
- Quick learner who is eager to improve professional skills
- Ability to actively listen and take initiative to seek actionable solutions to customer goals
- Flexible with the capacity to thrive in a high-change business environment
- An action-oriented and results-driven individual who likes to be the one-stop solution or advisor for customers
- Experience in inside/outside sales or appointment setting is a plus!
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Wall Street, NY (NY17)