Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Editor / Writer
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an Technical Editor-Writer to jump aboard our contract editorial team helming a highway magazine and working across a large transportation account.
As a Technical Editor-Writer, you will:
- Edit and fact-check feature articles and departments for a quarterly transportation magazine.
- Help research, track, and write up story ideas in partnership with subject matter experts.
- Potentially have an opportunity to conduct interviews and write articles.
- Edit and proofread across other products, including reports, white papers, and advertising and marketing collateral.
As a Technical Editor-Writer, you will have:
- Five or more years of professional editing experience. Transportation experience is a plus!
- Demonstrate superior editing and writing skills, be familiar with major style guides (GPO preferred), and interact comfortably with colleagues and clients across disciplines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (must provide technical writing samples).
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to work independently and productively with minimal supervision, and assertiveness in setting deadlines and prioritizing multiple and competing assignments within a team environment are absolutely critical.
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Job Location(s): This individual may sit in our Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD office.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)