Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Distributed Grid Strategy Consultant
Distributed Grid Strategy ConsultantNew York, NY, Washington DC or Fairfax, VA
Do you have experience in Distributed Energy Resources (DER), utility distribution systems, and/or energy policy? Our Advisory Services practice is hiring a motivated Consultant interested in help grow our practice!
Our work is focused on developing solutions to support the evolution of the distribution system and the utility business model to achieve our clients’ environmental, business, and policy objectives. Working within project teams, your role will be to assist in the continued development of ICF’s distributed grid management practice, and to help support our clients’ challenges related to aspects such as distribution system planning, DER integration, energy infrastructure resilience, regulatory policy, and performance-based ratemaking.
You will support the technical execution of ICF’s distributed grid strategy, and the strategic support of utility client evaluation of DER system impacts and economics. You will have an opportunity to apply your experience and knowledge with project management, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
This is a full-time position based in our New York NY, Washington DC or Fairfax, VA offices.
What you will do:
- Conduct policy and regulatory research and support, and technical analysis
- Synthesize and analyze complex multidisciplinary topics at the intersection of regulatory policy, economics, engineering, and finance
- Support the preparation and development of client research, reports, and deliverables
- Prepare, support, develop, and deliver internal and external presentations
- Support team coordination and execution of large, complex engagements
- Conduct project work in distribution system planning and operation in the context of evolving challenges around issues like energy infrastructure resilience and DER integration
- Support client engagements related to DER such as solar PV, energy storage, electric vehicles, and demand response
- Provide strategic planning support for clients planning and operating distribution systems under changing policy environments and evolving market conditions
- Work closely with our practice leads and our marketing function to inform the continued development of ICF’s DER service offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Public Policy, Business, or similar
- 3+ years of related energy industry experience or Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Work flexibility as part of a project team or independently as needed
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Track record working on DER technologies and DER integration issues
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Public Policy, Business, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing large, complex projects and multidisciplinary teams
- Direct experience with the electric power utility sector
- Experience with power system analysis and/or financial analysis tools and methods
- Demonstrable experience of opportunity spotting through research / analysis
- Prior consulting/commercial project management experience
- Experience in optimization, decision analysis, and discrete event simulation
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)