Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cybersecurity Classified Support Analyst
The Cybersecurity Analyst will provide the Information Assurance Manager’s (IAM) office with support and guidance through established Department of Defense (DoD) and Army policies and well as organizational policies. The IA security specialist will also support IA technical staff with vulnerability analysis to ensure compliant organizational posture.
- Manage IAM office user requests and tickets and provide guidance and recommendations that adhere to Army and DoD policy.
- Perform IA assessments of organization and advise on best IT security practices.
- Track inventory in order to identify rogue assets.
- Regularly review ports and protocols for cyber risk.
- Gather documentation and work with stakeholders for standalone and network accreditation requirements.
- Conduct log analysis for incident remediation/threat hunting.
- Conduct continuous STIG and SCAP review of enterprise production assets.
- Troubleshoot and identify false positives within vulnerabilities and STIG results.
- Make recommendations to IT teams on security best business practices.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide a technical recommendation for organization to meet mission critical research needs.
- Assist IA staff with ensuring that organization is meeting DoD 8570 requirements.
- Assist IA staff with Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes.
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist network vulnerability and analysis team.
- Work with developers to ensure the image is compliant with DoD and Army policy.
- Provide quality customer service.
Required Professional Skills:
- Customer friendly with excellent written, verbal and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of DoD and Army IA policies, guidance, and best practices
- Working knowledge of IA tools for vulnerability management, host based security, network monitoring, etc.
- Competent understanding of network architecture
- Working knowledge of Microsoft , Apple, and UNIX operating systems
- Ability to develop effective written procedures and SOPs to guide daily operations.
- Customer friendly
- Able to multi-task
- Excellent written, verbal and problem solving skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products for creating documents using Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security clearance
- DoD 8570 compliant by obtaining/maintaining required IAM-I certifications such as; Security+ CE
- A total of 5-7 years relevant IT experience with at least 3 years in Information Assurance.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to develop and execute detailed written plans for complex software and hardware implementations.
- IASO/ISSO/IAM experience
- Experience with incident reporting and trouble ticket management.
- Experience completing risk assessments.
- Experience using DoD IA tools (e.g., Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, Host Based Security System (HBSS))
- Experience with IAVM Management
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)