Relocation Specialist – Texas
ICF’s Disaster Management Division is growing and currently seeking a Relocation Specialist for Disaster Recovery to promote housing recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds. In this role you will support ICF in the implementation of housing recovery programs involving temporary or permanent displacement of tenants from storm-damaged housing.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to quickly adapt to meet ambitious timelines and changing requirements.
· Provide assistance to tenants affected as required under the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Properties Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (URA).
· Master policies and procedures governing relocation in federally-funded recovery programs.
· Engage in intake, eligibility determination, relocation advisory services and technical assistance, and file closing for housing recovery cases involving tenants.
· Gather, scan, and store required program eligibility and other required information in electronic databases and case management systems, and ensure required tenant notices are provided to tenants and documented in program files.
· Provide advisory services, identify comparable housing units, negotiate and oversee lease payments to landlords, and calculate assistance payments required by the URA.
· Prepare letters to applicants and landlords, as well as other required program documents
· Communicate with applicants by phone, email and in-person to communicate program requirements and case status
· Ensure all hard copy and automated files are updated and maintained in strict accordance with established policies and procedures
· Interact with case managers to coordinate URA benefits in conjunction with other program assistance.· Provide tracking and reporting information on URA program activity.
· Bachelor's degree; relevant experience may substitute
· Familiarity with all URA requirements.
· 2+ of related work experience
· Excel and database proficiency
· Accounting or financial proficiency
· Excellent understanding of and ability to interpret residential lease terms, rental history, housing inspections and other program-related documents
· Exceptional ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to variety of individuals in person and over the phone
· Skilled in multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment· Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, guidelines issued by HUD and other related agencies related to disaster recovery, housing and building at a level sufficient to manage the area-wide implementation of disaster recovery policies, programs, and procedures.
· Language Proficiency: Bilingual (Spanish and English)
· Experience in URA program administration, facilitating client application to public benefit programs· Experience in disaster recovery and/or housing support services or programs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Client Office (TX88)