Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Finance Controller
Project Finance Controller
ICF is seeking a junior to mid-level Project Finance Controller to work in our Business and Infrastructure Solutions Group. The Project Finance Controller oversees the finances for various types of contracts and is integral to effective financial reporting at ICF. This position is located in our Fairfax, Virginia office, and will report directly to a Project Finance Control Manager.
- Set-up projects with different contract types (Cost-Plus, T&M, Fixed-Price) including proper billing and revenue terms. Ensure that project set-ups and modifications are entered into Deltek Costpoint in accordance with ICF’s internal SOx policies and procedures.
- Maintain Deltek Costpoint project information (i.e. contract /funding values, period of performance, line of business, project labor categories, etc.).
- Review and complete timely and accurate project monthly revenue recognition procedures, in accordance with GAAP and ICF policies.
- Analyze all direct project costs/fee/revenue data; monitor project budgets and progress; and share results with Program Managers to ensure projects achieve financial expectations.
- Ensure timely invoice processing. Work with assigned billing specialist; review and approve client invoices; follow up on collections; and analyze and understand unbilled WIP.
- Prepare and effectively review Estimate-At-Complete (EAC) and Estimate-To-Complete (ETC) analyses.
- Manage project subcontractor invoices, including subcontractor invoice approval; invoice write-up and submission to Accounts Payable; and maintenance of subcontractor financial data for semi-annual subcontractor reporting (SF 294).
- Prepare project work plan / task order budgets as needed.
- Maintain project forecasts to assist the project team with effective financial planning.
- Prepare and submit project monthly progress reports /other reports as required.
- Interact with other departments, such as Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, Project Management, and Business Unit Leads regarding project related issues.
- Maintain open communication with direct management regarding financial results and ensure Project Managers and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial tracking, revenue review, A/R, WIP, etc.
- Review and monitor project funding and expenditures for contract 75% Limitation of Funds notification.
- Prepare and provide necessary financial information (i.e., fee retention, final invoice review) and other related financial information/documentation to the ICF closeout department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 2-4 years experience in government and/or commercial contracting environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of service type cost reimbursable, fixed price and commercial contracts
- Ability to interface with both clients and company management
- Experience with Costpoint is highly desired
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)