Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Consultant or Consultant – Economic and Financial Policies
We are looking for a Junior Consultant or Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates economic and financial policies, whether in the EU or third countries.
What you’ll get to do:
From day one, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects for the European Commission, European Investment Bank/ Fund, UK Government, other international agencies and NGOs. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis (in particular, economic analysis), including researching, scoping and contributing to analytical work.
You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded economists, policy analysts and social scientists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to help solve complex problems for our clients with particular focus on work delivered to Directorates General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN) and Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union (DG FISMA) of the European Commission, and the European Investment Bank/ Fund (EIB/EIF). You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent development and training opportunities (both in-house and externally).
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking policy research, analysis, evaluation and impact assessment in the areas of (macro)economic and financial policies
- Writing clear, concise and robust client reports
- Contributing to the management of projects
- Contributing to proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets, and drafting successful offers
- Building relationships with clients to understand and address their needs
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about the work they do and has a proven track record in contributing to impact assessments, evaluations and/or research projects, particularly in the area of economics and financial policies. You will be self-motivated, independent and able to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality. Your experience could have been gained delivering research work in government or a regulatory agency, the European Commission, the European Investment Bank/Fund, academia, the private sector or the third sector.
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics or finance or related area (Master’s degree would be desirable)
- Understanding and interest in the European policy-making process and policies promoting economic growth and structural reforms, and the sustainability and development of financial markets
- Experience in one or more of: policy design, policy implementation, policy evaluation, impact assessment (experience of working on assignments for public sector entities such as national governments/agencies, the European Commission and/or the European Investment Bank/ Fund would be an advantage)
- Solid grounding in research methodologies (in particular, evaluations and/or impact assessments) including ability to think through the methodological challenges of approaching a given topic
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills (solid grounding in statistical and econometric analysis would be an advantage)
- Advanced computer user skills (including proficiency in Excel while working knowledge of STATA is also desirable)
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset)
- Relevant experience of a minimum of 1-2 years (Junior Consultant) or 3 years (Consultant)
- Previous experience of bid writing (including research grant applications/ proposals), managing budgets, tasks, or client interactions would be an asset
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)