Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Program Manager
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Program Manager in our Minneapolis office.
Leads, Plans, monitors and manages technical projects from initiation through completion. Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management. Ensures work plans meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability & schedule. Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions. Responsibilities are within the Project/Program Management function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines. Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives through program/project team.
Role Specific Work
- Leads mid to large projects and programs working within the organization
- Ability to support multiple programs across groups and organizations.
- Develops and supports the workflow for multiple delivery teams.
- Establishes process and leads/defines measuring process efficiency.
- Determines resourcing needs for mid to large sized initiatives.
- Ability to manage budgets, forecasting and cost analysis
- Owns process for workflow and its continuous improvement.
- Develops workflow at the line and group level.
- Ability to support organizational leadership, identify conflicting priorities and facilitate resolution.
- Develops expert knowledge of the organizational structure and workings.
- Manage organizational level resourcing plans and workflow.
- Ability to manage workflow leveraging Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Work with multiple projects to schedule resource availability.
- The ability to adjust schedule and align resources to fit into a dynamic agile environment.
- Ability to problem solve and find root cause of process delivery failures.
- Expert knowledge of multiple methodologies such as Agile, DevOps and Lean a plus
- Collaborates and drives leadership team on process, prioritization and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to mentor and direct the efforts other Program Management personnel.
- Translate project management methodologies into simplified and lean processes that can be leveraged for small to midsized projects where formal Project Management is not required.
- Maintain and socialize operational projects, deadlines and initiatives organizationally.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and possess organizational skills
- Ability to present detailed plans to large groups and executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge including the MS Office Suite, VPN and collaboration tools.
- Strong ability to multi-task, react and think quickly
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to select and learn new software tools and applications for the organization.
- 8+ years project/program management experience; 6+ years technical or agency experience preferred
- College degree or equivelant experience + advanced industry certifications in project and program management.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be flexible enough to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel 10%
Recognized as an expert in own area within immediate organization. Leverages specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Applies a broad perspective to identify solutions to complex problems. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable or previously unidentified factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignments. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May informally lead or advise others.
Interacts regularly with peers in other functional areas, immediate organization management, clients or vendors to complete objectives. May require interaction with senior management levels among external clients or vendors. Influences clients and management regarding matters of significance to immediate work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)