Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Emergency Management Specialist – Planning and Policy Development
ICF is currently seeking an experienced Emergency Management Planner to join our Emergency Management team in the National Capital Region. This position is responsible for supporting national level policy and plan development.
- Support development of national strategic, operational, and tactical planning through analysis of data on risks and capability gaps across the nation
- Provide technical support on the design and development of policies and plans
- Support a multi-agency, multi-discipline planning process
- Engage with the interagency and other emergency management stakeholders at all levels of government
- Manage reporting of project and deliverable status, task completion, and resource expenditures to project management
- Facilitate virtual and in person planning meetings
- Familiarity with the interagency Executive Secretariat clearance process
- Masters in Emergency Management or related field or Bachelor’s with 2 additional years of relevant emergency preparedness and operations experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating policy and plans in emergency management organizations at the state, local, or national level
- 3+ years of experience working collaboratively with federal, local, and state emergency management agencies, including senior and elected officials
- Understanding of national preparedness doctrine, including National Response Framework, HSEEP, National Incident Management System
- An active security clearance
- Experience working with FEMA or State and local emergency management agencies
- Able to complete multiple tasks, simultaneously under pressure with very tight deadlines
- Knowledge of federal and state emergency management programs
- Team and consensus building skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)