Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative – Consolidated Business Operations and Support Services - Martinsville, VA
We are looking for dynamic, hard working professionals ready to grow with us. English and Bilingual positions are available. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work on the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, and innovative, ICF believes in growing the careers of our employees.
We are seeking self-motivated and energetic individuals to join our team of CBOSS Customer Service Representatives to work from our Martinsville, VA facility. Ideal candidates will possess a passion for helping customers learn more about program pathways to aid with disaster recovery efforts dealing with the hardships left by Hurricane Harvey. We need individuals who are respectful, professional, courteous, eager-to-learn, and ready to make a career with us.
SHIFTS: 12:30pm to 9:00pm & 9:30am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday
Technical and programmatic training will be provided. Candidates must be willing to work assigned shifts during the program hours of Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Based on future client requirements, these hours are subject to change.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to Customer inquiries and requests for information, and provide status updates, guidance, and information as outlined and defined in approved Desk Reference Guides, policies and procedures.
- Access internal and client systems, interpret screens, update screens and enter contact notes in automated systems.
- Provide exemplary customer service while educating customers on program features and service offerings.
- Communicate with client staff as required and forward Case and Customer information when necessary, via telephone, facsimile, or e-mail or other electronic transmission for further processing in accordance with the approved Desk Reference Guides.
- Accurately identify customer accounts to effectively determine program eligibility.
- Actively listen to customer and take initiative to seek actionable solutions to customer goals or problems.
- Stay abreast of marketing activities and provide feedback on program marketing reactions to continue development and enhancement of the energy programs.
- Complete all commitments offered to customer in a timely manner; i.e. call backs, application updates, email responses, etc.
- Identify and resolve customer issues with professionalism and with the collaboration of cross-functional team members as appropriate.
- Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment.
- Follow all policies and guidelines set by company.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company and customer information.
- A minimum of 1 year of Customer Service Experience required, previous experience as a customer service representative in a call center preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree or some college training preferred.
- Applicants will be screened for diction, grammar, voice quality and articulation, proficiency with computer and customer service skills and experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, high energy and self-motivated, results oriented person with a strong bias for action and work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimal day-to-day direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix- team environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to use a computer and navigate at high functionality.
- An action-oriented and results-driven individual who likes to be the one-stop solution for customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible with the capacity to thrive in a high-change business environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Martinsville, VA (VA23)