Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Staff Accountant (Grant Management)
ICF is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to provide grant management financial management support to the Office of Justice Programs’ (OJP) Office of the Chief Financial Officer. As the Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for a variety of grants financial management functions including communicating with OJP grantees, supporting federal staff with budget research and analysis, and providing recommendations for financial actions.
This position requires timely, detail-oriented, and efficient accomplishment of all tasks, strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and the ability to work with federal clients independently. This position will report directly to federal client managers and is located on federal client site in Washington, D.C. near the Gallery Place metro station.
- Supporting the Office of Justice Programs’ Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) in various grants financial management activities, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with pre-award and post-award grant financial management operations
- Assisting with vendor reconciliation and maintenance
- Assisting with budget reviews, payment adjustments, reconciliation and closeout
- Assisting with administrative and technical support for financial monitoring and grantee training and technical assistance to support recipient compliance with applicable policies and regulations
- Carrying out file management, including the scanning of documents and electronic file-keeping.
- Performing miscellaneous ad hoc tasks as assigned by OCFO.
- Drafting and editing deliverables including but not limited to budget/financial management reports, and monthly project reports using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Maintaining regular reporting and communications with off-site ICF managers and proactively communicate about workload, questions, and topics for discussion related to strong client support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field such as Business Administration, Auditing, or Financial Management
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, grants, or financial management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel with strong keyboard skills.
- Demonstrated facility with a variety of information technologies.
- Experience designing business processes that help individuals coordinate their work and documenting those business processes in the form of flow charts or written procedures.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- This position requires an OJP security clearance due to the handling of personally identifiable information (PII). Candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain clearance.
- Facility with technology, e.g.; setting up audio/visual equipment and comfortable with technologies that facilitate virtual meetings and communication
- Experience with a variety of information technologies, including shared repositories for electronic files, such as SharePoint or Dropbox.
- Experience with the administration of Federal grants programs.
- Facility with web-based computer applications.
- Facility with making website changes using a content management platform.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)