Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Health Communications Associate
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Senior Health Communications Associate in our Rockville, MD office.
As a Senior Health Communications Associate, you will:
- Support project managers in strategic communications planning, program development, digital communications, materials development, video production, media relations, campaign evaluation, and partnership outreach.
- Provide administrative and logistics support across projects including managing project timelines, meetings, deliverables, and work plans, and developing meeting notes and monthly project reports.
- Work directly with client partner organizations (e.g., associations) to build mutually-beneficial relationships to advance health communication initiatives and campaigns.
- Own project tasks and, with oversight from senior team members, complete key deliverables.
- Implement communication strategies and tactics to reach and engage audiences to increase visibility of government data, resources, and materials.
- Support social media activities for projects, such as developing Twitter and Facebook posts and developing analytics reports.
As a Senior Health Communications Associate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health communication, public relations, social sciences, or equivalent required.
- 5 or more years of communications experience, government experience preferred.
- Experience with federal health agencies, developing, and implementing public health communications campaigns, particularly NIH.
- Interest and experience with partnership development a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to apply plain language principles to written products.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to work directly with the public and/or clients in a professional, polished manner.
Job Location(s): This position will be based at our Rockville, MD office.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)