Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Training & Technical Assistance Specialist (Part Time 20 hours)
ICF seeks a SENIOR TRAINING & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (TTA) SPECIALIST with expertise in the area of victim services and vicarious traumatization to provide support to victim advocates and allied professionals to successfully establish and execute community-based approaches that buffer and mitigate the negative effects of vicarious trauma. The TTA Specialist will work with a dedicated team to mitigate vicarious traumatization by promoting organizational responses within diverse communities across the United States, creating customized and accessible TTA to build cross-agency collaborations, continuous learning, and implementation of action plans.
This position will serve as a member of the Vicarious Trauma Response Initiative Project Oversight Team, participating in strategic planning and design; and providing guidance and support in achieving overall project goals, including site selection and TTA process, project evaluation and final work products.
A thorough knowledge of vicarious trauma is required with a minimum of 5+ years of experience providing or managing TTA on vicarious trauma. Experience providing direct services with victims of crime and experience with trauma informed service delivery is also required, and additional experience working with first responders, community-based volunteers, faith-based providers, interpreters and translators, health providers, prosecutors, judges, court staff, school personnel, forensic investigators, and medical examiners is preferred. This position will work remotely from a home office in the metropolitan DC area. A minimal level of travel is required.
- Create and operationalize a Learning Collaborative model for the project.
- Contribute to development of required end products including Synthesis document, articles, webinars and presentations.
- Develop models, forms and templates to provide TTA – virtual meeting formats, site visit reports, etc.
- Provide suggestions on facilitation of Learning Collaborative meetings facilitation suggestions.
- Help identify existing resources that can be used in the Learning Collaborative.
- Provide support to the Stakeholder Group as TTA consultants to coordinate approach and manage logistics for Learning Collaborative and TTA support.
- Manage the work of Digital Strategies team members as they provide production support for virtual meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in victim services and/or vicarious traumatization
- Experience in developing effective community partnerships with victim service providers
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Experience developing, adapting, delivering and/or overseeing TTA to victim service and allied professionals using adult learning principles
- Knowledge of evidence-based resources to address vicarious trauma
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in the victim service field
- Experience delivering trauma informed services
- Experience applying Learning Collaborative models
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as external clients and partners;
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) - experience using Adobe Connect platform preferred;
- Flexible in handling multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)