Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Educational Training and Technical Assistance Project Director
ICF is seeking a dynamic, mission-driven, solution-oriented, and collaborative, Project Director to oversee a federal national training and technical assistance center (TTA) focused on the educational success of vulnerable children and youth populations. The Project Director will provide leadership for the direction, execution and development of the TTA center, and engage diverse stakeholders to shape the center based on the priorities of the client. The successful candidate will be a seasoned leader, change agent, and visionary for building capacity within educational systems. The Project Director will partner with the client to lead an experienced team of ICF staff and consultants working with state and local educational agencies to improve educational outcomes for children and youth. The successful candidate will be able to accurately assess TTA needs; work with multidisciplinary teams to design and develop appropriate TTA plans; facilitate the delivery of high-quality, effective TTA; and foster continued learning and evolution of best practices through effective evaluation of TTA.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client. Act as the primary point of contact for the client and provide prompt, comprehensive response to all client needs and requests.
- Provide visionary, strategic, practical leadership and direction for the TTA center.
- Identify client needs and those of target audiences to ensure high quality, effective products and services that are responsive to those needs.
- Identify and translate research findings and lessons learned into practice in the field. Serve as an intermediary between those generating evidence and those attempting to apply it – through a variety of evidence-informed approaches - dissemination, training, coaching, and consultation.
- Oversee the design, delivery, and evaluation of expert capacity building activities based on evidence-based practices that provide state and local educational agencies with tools to meet the diverse educational needs of children and youth.
- Supervise the development and dissemination of online training resources and the use of online engagement tools including social media.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the TTA center’s partners and stakeholders to ensure: a comprehensive and consistent approach to capacity building efforts; increased communication and mutual support amongst service providers; and provide the strongest team/solution for every capacity building engagement.
- Lead a team of professionals with specialized skills and or subject matter expertise.
- Successfully manage a multi-million dollar project budget and provide responsible stewardship for all project resources.
- Ensure that work occurs in a learning environment which utilizes continuous quality improvement.
- Master’s Degree in education, social work, public administration, or equivalent area required. Doctorate preferred.
- 15+ years of professional work experience in training and technical assistance (TTA) in the education of delinquent and neglected children and youth.
- Expert knowledge of extant and emerging issues, promising practices, and organizations that work on issues related to the education of delinquent and neglected youth.
- Expert knowledge of Title I, Part D of ESEA and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including client, staff and budget management in a contract consulting environment.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing a panel of experts and practitioners, convening and managing annual conferences, educational federal data collection analysis and reporting, maintaining toll-free and email hotlines, listserv and TTA databases.
- Demonstrated experience with national surveys, coordinating with organizations that serve delinquent and neglected youth, managing a TTA center website, and publication development and dissemination.
- Experience presenting on educational topics at national conferences and forums.
- Successful history of managing large, complex TTA projects, including TTA design and delivery, capacity building, community partnerships and program evaluation.
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship building and management in a contract consulting environment.
- Ability to balance client needs against project budget, while ensuring maximum efficiency of resources and return on client investment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and balance multiple perspectives/needs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)