Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Event and Marketing Coordinator
We’re hunting for an event marketing professional to help us create consistency and build event experiences to support our brand. We are a $1 billion+ company and a leading management consultancy. Join us, and put your skills to work in service of something big.
We are looking for an Event and Marketing Coordinator to support ICF’s corporate event strategy and execution of more than 100 events annually. Our events range from large client events to tradeshow conferences around the global. This individual will understand the importance of running a successful event and how to promote it using modern marketing techniques.
We’re not a typical consulting firm, so we’re not looking for a typical events associate. We are looking for someone who can not only execute events, but understands the importance of building engagement before the event begins. You will help us strike the balance between brand awareness and lead generation for events. You’ll work with our You’ll work with our Manager of Events and Experiential Marketing and our businesses, to develop an integrated approach on how we present ourselves at events. This role will support execution high touch client experiences both online and in-person. What else are we looking for?
• Quarterback. You will be the quarterback for all aspects of events including content and agenda development, venue selection, contract negotiations, marketing and promotional materials, catering, hotel accommodations, staffing coordination, and on-site event logistics.
• Exceptional project manager. Managing details and keep tabs on multiple deadlines is critical to the success of this role.
• Collaborative colleague. You will work on a team with multiple marketers and contributors to create integrate marketing campaigns through a combination of marketing deliverables, design and media.
• Brand champion. Build brand through unique opportunities at trade shows, conference, and client events. You have the opportunity to change our approach and create opportunities to showcase our work.
What You Will Bring…
- Strong track record of event production and illustrating event strategy results
- Strong understanding of how events leverages communications, social media, digital marketing and demand generation for promotion and engagement
- Engage subject matter experts at all levels on relevant topics and messaging approaches to attract industry attention
- Facilitate and support the creation of marketing content (blog posts, white papers, case studies, etc.)
- Work with senior staff to prioritize selection of conferences to maximize ICF’s exposure in the marketplace
- Support the marketing, planning and execution of conferences, client meetings, and other events and facilitate post-event follow up activities
- Help educate and encourage staff to engage with social media to further extend the reach of our corporate marketing content
- Support data entry, data analysis, and reporting efforts associated with various marketing strategies and campaigns
- Exceptional project time management and interpersonal skills -- Ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously in support of a wide variety of business leaders, all while demonstrating a professional demeanor, flexible attitude, and an enthusiasm for producing highly creative and thoughtful work
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and the ability to take direction and identify priorities
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, create event execution and work back plans, evaluate results against goals, and deliver wrap-up report
- Hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious) as well as a strategic capacity (asks “why”)
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to influence an audience that includes senior leaders and stakeholders
- Review and process all event expenses
- Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and make valid conclusions
- B.S. in marketing, communications, PR or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in events or marketing focused on logistics, client events, marketing and lead generation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook)
- Proficiency with registration Software (EventBrite/Cvent)
- Experience with a client relationship management (CRM) system (ie. Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, Marketo) is desirable, but not required
- General knowledge of campaign management and demand generation.
- Have prior experience working in a corporate marketing team and reporting structure.
- Understand the connection between events and lead management needs
- Proactive, Creative and Analytical
- Ability to work and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)