Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant in Evaluation, with expertise in social data analytics
Title: Senior Consultant in Evaluation, with expertise in social data analytics
Who we are:
ICF is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full-and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists, communication and marketing executives and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organisations solve their most complex challenges.
Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituents. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
About the team:
ICF has a 25 year track record in delivery of public policy evaluation services. We provide UK Government Departments, the European Commission Directorates General, regulators and agencies with expert support in the design and delivery of process, economic and impact evaluations, helping decision-makers to understand what works, with what impact and why. We are active across a wide spectrum of public policies, from employment to health, financial and business services to environment, and science and innovation policy.
Who we are looking for:
We are expanding our analytics capabilities and are looking for evaluators who have experience in the application of social data analytics to public policy questions. We are interested in individuals who thrive on data - big and small, qualitative and quantitative from diverse sources and who can see patterns that others don’t; are creative and enjoy new ways of doing things; who can work with the detail and still see the big picture; and enjoy explaining the results to others in innovative and creative ways.
In your day-to-day work you will:
- Work with multidisciplinary project teams to combine ideas from our range of disciplines and social data science to expand on traditional research and evaluation approaches to provide new insights
- Bring new data to answer client questions – collating and organising data from multiple sources including the internet, social media, surveys, customer databases, or government administrative records
- Apply analytical techniques and tools to extract and present new insights from both numerical and text data (including chat messages, social media, emails, etc.)
- Use data visualisation techniques to develop compelling presentations of findings to clients
Your daily activities will support our clients’ need for more robust, quick and cost-effective data to provide actionable insights and demonstration of impact.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field: Social Data Science, Statistics, Economics, or similar with a strong data analytics component
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including an ability to conceive and develop analytical models using statistical methods/approaches
- Experience in data collation, extracting, combining and structuring data from diverse sources, including webscraping and social media sources
- Proven experience in the design and delivery of public policy/programme evaluations
Experience in the use of social data analytics in an evaluation context.
- Experience with quantitative analysis, developing models using R, Python, SAS and other software
- A practical understanding and hands-on experience in using ML/NLP, social media listening tools and sentiment analysis, to extract and present insights from text data (including chat messages, social media, emails, etc.)
- Experience in reporting, storytelling and data visualisation technologies such as Tableau
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a CV and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role, and why you are interested in our company.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)